How to Showcase Event Location Details of Your Event Sites
Events aren’t usually hosted on random sites and locations. Depending on the type of Event you are organizing, you will have to choose the right Event Site for it. And it is always better if you already have a list of Event Sites to choose from whenever there is a need to organize a new Event. Keeping a record of Event Sites where you can organize your WordPress Events is what EventPrime does best.
Just like creating Events in EventPrime, you can also create Event Sites. You can then assign the Event Site when creating a new Event. EventPrime Event Sites have their own unique properties which help define an Event Site’s uniqueness.
Installing and activating EventPrime on your WordPress site is quite easy. If you haven’t installed and activated EventPrime on your WordPress site already, we recommend that you check out our official Starter Guide right now.
Creating Event Sites
To create an Event Site using EventPrime, please visit ‘EventPrime’ from the WordPress Dashboard.
This is the page from where you add and edit your Events in EventPrime. Now click on the ‘Event Manager’ title of this page.
Clicking on it will open up a dropdown with multiple options to choose from. In dropdown, select the ‘Event Site Manager’ option.
Selecting ‘Event Site Manager’ will open the page for adding and editing Event Sites in EventPrime. If you already have any Event Sites created with EventPrime, they’ll appear in card format here. To create a new Event Type, click on the ‘Add New’ link that appears under the heading.
Clicking on it will open up a form to create your new Event Site. You’ll get the following options to create new Even Site here…
- Name – Name of the Event Site.
- Description – Description for the Event Site.
- Address – Address for the Event Site. You can mark the Event Site’s location on the Map, write in the address field directly, or provide Latitude and Longitude values for the exact location.
- Established – Set the date on which this Event Site was established.
- Seating Type – Choose seating type for this Event Site. By default, only the ‘Standing’ option is available to choose. Detailed seating arrangements can be creating using the Live Seating extension.
- Operator – Add contact details here for the person or organization that manages this Event Site.
- Facebook Page – Add link to the Event Site’s Facebook page here, if there is one.
- Site Gallery – Add images of the Event Site so attendees can see for themselves how the Event Site looks before attending an Event hosted there.
Fill in the details for this form to create your new Event Site.
Assigning Event Site to Events
You can assign this Event Site to your Events in two ways. One is to assign Event Site to new Events on the Event creation form itself.
Or, visit an Event’s Dashboard and assign from there. Event Dashboard is where you can configure all your settings for an Event. You can access Event Dashboard by clicking ‘Dashboard’ link on the Event info popup when you hover cursor over the Event in the calendar. Once inside the Event’s Dashboard, click on the ‘Event Site/Location’ icon to visit the Event Site settings page for the Event.
From this settings form, you can select the Event Type for this Event and also set the ‘Capacity’. ‘Capacity’ means the maximum bookings that can be allowed for this Event on this Event Site.
Event Site will appear for an Event on the Event’s page on the frontend.
Also, you can filter Events by Event Sites on the main Event calendar view if you only want to see Events hosted on a particular Event Site.