Display Automatic Discount on Events Based on Eligibility Criteria
This article demonstrates, how you can display an automatic discount on various events on your event-based website based on the eligibility criteria that you can create.
The Automatic Discount extension allows you to add discounts automatically to the event bookings based on the eligibility criteria that you set.
This feature can be immensely beneficial for any event-based website. According to a study, the number of bookings can increase if you offer discounts to your event attendees.
The automatic discount feature is vastly used by event management websites that offer a wide variety of automatic coupons, promotional sales, and discount offers to their customers to grab their attention. And these automatic coupons and event discounts have been proven highly effective.
EventPrime Automatic Discount Extension is one of the leading automatic discount extensions that allow you to streamline the discount process based on the rules that you set for your users/attendees.
Overview of Automatic Discount Extension
EventPrime Automatic Discount Extension enables the admin to automatically display discounts for the users on a specific event based on the admin rules.
Using Automatic Discount Extension, the admin can easily create a set of rules (eligibility criteria) and automatically display the discount and auto apply coupon for the eligible users on bookings. However, it does not showcase discount codes.
The extension also allows you to add promotional text on the front end.
Features of Automatic Discount Extension
Try Automatic Discounts Extension!
- It allows you to create automatic discounts for users based on different rules.
- You can set admin rules (eligibility criteria) for a discount based on date and time, number of bookings, number of seats, and user role.
- Automatically display the discounts to the users based on their eligibility.
- For user role-based discounts you can set a booking limit for an attendee.
- Quantity discounts can be set as a fixed amount or percentage of the booking price.
- Select the priority of a rule and decide which discount to display first if a user is eligible for more than one discount.
- You can change the priority from the Automatic Discount Rules dashboard with the drag and drop feature.
- Option to activate or deactivate any WooCommerce discount rules whenever required.
- Add promotional text and discount slogans for front-end users who see the discounts.
- You can also set limits on displaying discount slogans and promo text to the visitors.
- Create unlimited sets of admin rules and discounts for any events.
A Complete Guide to Use Automatic Discount Extension
If you already have an EventPrime Premium or EventPrime Premium+ plugin you do not need to install the extension separately. If you don’t, download the extension and install it on your WordPress website.
Once the installation and activation procedure is complete, follow the steps given below:
Step1: Go to your WordPress Dashboard and hover your cursor on the EventPrime option on the left menu.
Step2: Here you will find multiple options in the dropdown. Click on the global settings option.
Step3: Click on the EventPrime Automatic Discount option.
Step4: This will redirect you to the Automatic Discount settings page. Mark the box, enable the automatic discount and save the setting.
Step5: Go to the Event Calendar and hover your cursor over the event you want to add eligibility rules to. Now click ‘Dashboard.’
Step6: Next, scroll down and click on ‘Automatic Discounts.’
Step7: Here, click on ‘Add New’ to add eligibility rules.
Step8: Enter the name of your events discount rule in the “Discount Rule Name” text box. It will help you identify the discount rule among the list of other rules.
Step9: After this, select the rule type. Here, choose the primary logic based on the rule type.
Automatic Discount Rule Type Sub-Settings
The Rule Type sets the primary logic on which the rule will be based. The extension comes with four sub-settings or rule types:
- Date/Time-Based Rule: If you select this, the events discount will commence on the set date and will end on the set date. Anyone booking events in between this time will be able to get this events discount.
- Booking Based Rule: The users will get a discount based on the number of booking they do if you select this rule type. For example, if you set it to 3, users will be able to see the discount only if they do a booking of 3 or more.
- User Role Based Rule: If you select this rule, you can set an eligibility role. That means only the user with that specific role will be able to use the discount.
- Seat Based Rule: If you select this rule, you can not only set the eligibility role, but you can also specify the number of free seats that the user will get. For example, if you select the role ‘Editor’ and the number of free seats ‘1’ then all the editors will get 1 free seat in their every booking.
Setting Automatic Discount Priority
Step10: Once you have set the ‘Rule Type’, go ahead and set the discount type (Percentage/Fixed Amount) and the discount offered (Number of Percentage/Amount).
Step11: Further, you can set the ‘Discount Slogan’ and ‘Description.’
Step12: Now select if you want to display the event discounts to the visitors or not. Select ‘Active’ if you wish to display this discount right away. Set the ‘Priority’ of the rule.
In addition to that, this discount will be disabled when the booking already has a volume discount applied if you select ‘Disable On Volume Discounts’.
Step13: Select ‘Disable With Discount Coupons’ if you want this discount to be removed and in case the user is already using a discount coupon.
Step14: Save the setting. Similarly, you can add multiple discounts to an event.
Examples of Front-end Automatic Discounts on Events
Front-end Events Calander
If you want to customize the discount settings on any event according to the eligibility criteria of a user or their type, then Automatic Discount Codes is the right extension for you.
Usually, the task of assigning a discount on events consumes time, but with this extension, the process is quicker and better.
The Automatic Discount extension helps you personalize your user experience in a hassle-free manner.
In case you have any query related to the extension or the EventPrime plugin, then comment below. Our team will reach out to you with the best solution.